Friday, June 26, 2009

Literature Gallore!

Though there is a lot I would like to share on this blog, I have a feeling that Blogs are not meant to pour yourself on nitty grity of your micro activities :D! I have been upto some work off late, notably amongst it would be working on the XMPP protocol and reading some of the Classical Literature. In the spree should be mentioned a couple of books which I have recently annhilated to my heart's content, 'The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho' and 'The Paths of Glory by Jeffrey Archer'. Let's have a miniature review of the books!

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho


This is one state-of-art that made me believe of the capabilities of Literature! I assume that most of you have heard about the book, if not had an eye at this gleaning masterpiece. Religion has always been a dilemma for workaholics and dumbs of my kind[;)]. I have often wondered if those who boister about God, Religion, and Worship would hardly consider the importance of work and ONLY work! I was of the belief-- though not adamant --that work should always precede any other preference AS Work is Worship! But what this book has done is to successfully strike a bewildering concordance between Religion-- in forms of Omens --and ambitions! It is a manifestation of Rituals that one might consider outdated and passe, that have been converted to a substance acceptable by the contemporary society! Paulo Coelho has always been a Religious authority, but the way he has manifested himself into the recent flow of society changes, is not at all an 'ordinary' feat!

I am awestruck by the concordane the book has been able to synchronize with me, and would recommend it to all who wish to find the existence of Almighty amongst their Hectic Schedule.

Paths of Glory By Jeffrey Archer




It is said that the book is a real story, but who'll be amused to read my story ? Huh! C'mon every person on this damn world has his own tale to tell, but writting it down 'just' for the sake of it makes no sense! I hail Jeffrey Archer for the exhilarating display of gleaning bright English, sometimes makes me feel inferior to the richness of language! Indeed the intricate display of words has even kept the Dictionary on it toes! With a myriad display of plethoral diversity, I won't be bemused to see a few guys leave any hope from this book :D!

Though the screenplay has been perfect, I am afraid that the content has rahter blemished the Publication as a whole. The subtitle for the book, "THIS IS THE STORY OF A MAN WHO LOVED TWO WOMEN, AND ONE OF THEM KILLED HIM'. is pretty apt, as you would find out after reading it, but the pace is rather slow, there's no plot or anything of the like .

The story is of a man, a prodigy at mountaineering and first class Alpinist. First he climbs the walls of his college then the Alps of Europe , then the Eiffel Tower and finally set out to conquer the Leaning Lady, none other than 'Mt(Ms) Everest'. The author has impressingly described Everest as the 'Virgin still in slumber, waiting to be ripped through'.

And the other woman is-- pretty obviously --his wife Ruth, who has to muster the pain to live for months w/o him, and finally loses him in front of the more deserving candidate, Her Majesty, Her Highness -- Lady Everest!

The book has a flat paced attire though it talks of bumps and rides through the treacherous valleys and peaks, it is a bit disappointing though it promises a bit more :(!

"""Hope you got my part of story, I would love to hear from what you felt about the books."""

1 comment:

  1. I've read "The Alchemist" and I can surely say that it's a must read for everyone

    ReplyDelete